Logistics & Inventory Manager
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the Waymo Driver—The World’s Most Experienced Driver™—to improve everyone's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
At Waymo, we are mission-driven and believe deeply in the opportunity of autonomous driving technology to improve mobility and make people's lives better. We are united by purpose and responsibility (for our employees and riders alike). We are looking for kind, committed, employees who have integrity, dream big, work together as one team and create a sense of belonging for one another that is the foundation of our culture. We want each team member to feel welcomed and included in every step of our exciting journey.
Waymo's Supply Chain and Manufacturing teams are making the technology of the future a reality. We handle all production processes and supplier development strategies: from contracts and purchasing, to designs for improved manufacturing, through quality control and delivery. We collaborate actively with Waymo engineering teams as well as external suppliers and partners to make sure everything is built to spec and delivered on time to meet the rising demands of our business.
In this role you'll:
- Be responsible for all vehicle and parts related logistical operations, transportation and warehousing across Waymo. Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practices that support the logistics vision, strategy, policies, processes and standard operating procedures to aid and improve performance.
- Be the prominent leadership voice in developing, implementing and improving preferred logistics for parts, reverse logistics, vehicle transportation and inventory management practices with the goal to have the right SKU at the right place, time, quantity and cost. Plan and monitor all Inbound and outbound shipments.
- Develop and implement global transportation cost-savings programs for year-over-year savings. Select carriers for transportation and negotiate rates and contracts.
- Provide oversight for budgetary and project databases related to logistics and warehousing, and report regularly to senior managers about progress, plans, and problems that could affect costs.
- Implement performance and financial metrics and associated KPIs for Logistics and Warehousing networks and vendors. Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency.
- Examine the levels of materials in inventory and take appropriate action to mitigate excess and obsolete inventory with the goal of maintaining a healthy level of weeks of supply. Ultimately ensure the integrity of inventory accuracy and manage stock movements.
- Create detailed inventory operation reports with the goal to provide visibility to leadership.
- Ensure all Supply Chain operations adhere to laws, guidelines, and ISO requirements with regard to Inventory and Logistics.
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
- 10+ years of relevant experience in both logistics and inventory management.
- Bachelor’s degree or in lieu of a degree, an additional 5 years of experience in logistics or inventory management.
- In-depth knowledge of logistics processes, including freight forwarding, transporting vehicles and parts and reverse logistics.
- Experience in inventory management practices and procedures.
- Experience with using SAP system for warehouse management.
- Experience reporting to executive leaders in the company.
- Ability to travel domestically up to 20% of the time as needed.
- Ability to develop and implement logistics and inventory cost saving projects.
It’s preferred if you have:
- MBA is strongly preferred.
The expected base salary range for this full-time position across US locations is listed below. Actual starting pay will be based on job-related factors, including exact work location, experience, relevant training and education, and skill level. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for the role location or, if the role can be performed remote, the specific salary range for your preferred location, during the hiring process.
Waymo employees are also eligible to participate in Waymo’s discretionary annual bonus program, equity incentive plan, and generous Company benefits program, subject to eligibility requirements.
While at Waymo, you will enjoy benefits that cover…
Health and wellness: Our people are at the heart of everything we do. At Waymo, you can enjoy top-notch medical, dental and vision insurance, mental wellness support, a Flexible Spending Account (FSA), a Health Saving Account (HSA), on-site physicians and/or nurses in some locations, and special wellness programs.
Financial wellness: Your financial peace of mind is important to us. At Waymo, we offer competitive compensation, bonus opportunities, equity, a generous 401(k) plan or regional retirement plans, 1-on-1 financial coaching, a 529 College Savings Plan and lots of other perks and employee discounts.
Flexibility and time off: Take the time you need to relax and recharge. Enjoy the flexibility to work from another location for four weeks per year. We support an on-site, hybrid work model and offer remote working opportunities, paid time off, Waymo recharge days, bereavement, sick, and parental leave.
Supporting families: When it comes to growing your family or caring for your loved ones, you have our full support. Enhanced leave options include paid parental leave (birthing parent gets 24 weeks of paid leave, and non-birthing parent gets 18 weeks of paid leave), and 20 subsidized days of backup childcare or adult/elder care. Access to fertility care or adoption support as you grow your family.
Community and personal development: At Waymo, you’ll find a range of opportunities to grow, connect, and give back. We offer education tuition reimbursement, personal and professional development, mentorship, and other ways to connect through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), other internal groups, and even time off to volunteer.
Cool perks: Access to Google offices, cafes, wellness centers, personal training sessions, massages, haircuts, bike repairs, office transportation, commuter benefits and so much more. To support your wellbeing at home, you can enjoy at-home fitness and cooking classes, and more.
* Please note that while our benefits philosophy is the same in every place Waymonauts work, benefits may vary by office/country and are subject to eligibility requirements.