Product Operations Technology Manager
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the Waymo Driver—The World’s Most Experienced Driver™—to improve everyone's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
At Waymo, we are mission-driven and believe deeply in the opportunity of autonomous driving technology to improve mobility and make people's lives better. We are united by purpose and responsibility (for our employees and riders alike). We are looking for kind, committed, employees who have integrity, dream big, work together as one team and create a sense of belonging for one another that is the foundation of our culture. We want each team member to feel welcomed and included in every step of our exciting journey.
Waymo's Product Operations teams are making the technology of the future a reality. We enable best in class operations capabilities by providing thought partnership to operations and product; building workflow and systems; and leveraging data insights. We often bring together teams across functions and organizations to help Waymo's commercial deployment, safely and efficiently. We challenge ourselves, our cross functional partners and the established practices to continuously learn and unlearn with the sole goal of being objective and pushing for the best interests of Waymo, it's customers, and communities at all times. They do this by efficiently running processes, designing tools and automation, having good business sense and judgment, and working well across organizational lines.
The role reports to the Head of Product Operations, Tools & Systems.
In this role you'll:
- Ensure Ops tools are useful, intuitive and reliable for the teams that support the Waymo Driver and the Waymo fleet. Be the voice and advocate for Operations to Product and Eng teams
- Partner on tooling development and deployment, specifically managing end-to-end launch to land execution; coordinate training, comms, testing, rollout plans, readiness reviews and hypercare
- Monitor process & tooling performance for your business area, investigate issues and off-nominal performance, and collaborate with Ops, Product and Eng on solutions to emerging challenges as Waymo scales its AV business
- Provide expertise on ops tooling across partner groups, accelerate decision making and keep stakeholders informed
- Oversee the design, development and support of lightweight tooling and data visualization projects to enable automation and efficiency for operations.
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical subject, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in Product Management, Product Operations, Business Strategy, Product Commercialization, Technical Program Management, or Sales Strategy and Operations
- Experience working with internet technologies and/or understanding of analytical tools and large data sets
It's preferred if you have:
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience in Internet products and technologies, Masters in Business Administration or Master's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience identifying business needs, and then defining, and building technical solutions to address those requirements in a fast-paced environment
- Solid experience planning for and managing several large-scale and complex technical projects and coordinating project members to deliver on objectives within the project deadlines; excellent relationship building, collaboration, consultation and influencing skills
- Ability to pull data from multiple sources and provide insights on that data
- A flexible team player
- Experience communicating complex concepts to a variety of audiences
While at Waymo, you will enjoy benefits that cover…
Health and wellness: Our people are at the heart of everything we do. At Waymo, you can enjoy top-notch medical, dental and vision insurance, mental wellness support, a Flexible Spending Account (FSA), a Health Saving Account (HSA), and special wellness programs.
Financial wellness: Your financial peace of mind is important to us. At Waymo, we offer a great compensation package, bonus opportunities, equity, a generous 401(k) plan, 1-on-1 financial coaching, a 529 College Savings Plan and lots of other perks and employee discounts.
Flexibility and time off: Take the time you need to relax and recharge. Enjoy the flexibility to work from another location for four weeks per year. We support an on-site or hybrid work model and offer remote working opportunities, paid time off, bereavement, sick, and parental leave.
Supporting families: When it comes to growing your family or caring for your loved ones, you have our full support. Enhanced leave options include paid parental leave (birthing parent gets 24 weeks of paid leave with up to 4 weeks of additional leave before their due date, and non-birthing parent gets 18 weeks of paid leave), and 20 days of subsidized backup childcare or adult/elder care.. Access to fertility care or adoption support as you grow your family.
Community and personal development: At Waymo, you'll find a range of opportunities to grow, connect, and give back. We offer education reimbursement, personal and professional development, mentorship, and other ways to connect through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), other internal groups, and even time off to volunteer.
Cool perks: Access to Google offices, cafes, wellness centers, massages, and so much more. To support your wellbeing at home, you can enjoy at-home fitness and cooking classes, and more.
The expected base salary range for this full-time position across US locations is listed below. Actual starting pay will be based on job-related factors, including exact work location, experience, relevant training and education, and skill level. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for the role location or, if the role can be performed remote, the specific salary range for your preferred location, during the hiring process.
Waymo employees are also eligible to participate in Waymo’s discretionary annual bonus program, equity incentive plan, and generous Company benefits program, subject to eligibility requirements.