Product Manager, Simulation
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first self-driving car, with researchers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From self driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this Product Manager role you'll:
- Design and drive the roadmap of Carcraft - Waymo’s simulation building software.
- Design and prioritize the usage of billions of miles of simulation to rapidly improve self driving software
- Design tools and dashboard for multiple stakeholder to consume the output of simulation
- Work closely with engineering leads of simulation, self driving software and operations to address short term needs and drive long term vision
- Design and drive the future of one of the most advanced simulation infrastructures in the world. To learn more, please read in-depth article by The Atlantic - http://goo.gl/vqd4J9
We'd like you to have:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Master's degree in a technical or engineering field or MBA or equivalent practical experience is a plus
- 2 years of experience in product management
- Experience in autonomous vehicles, simulation, big data systems, gaming or machine learning is a plus
- Strategy and analytical skills. Ability to gather and analyze large quantities of information, and turn them into a thoughtful and compelling product vision, including economics/business plan. Good at problem stating and problem solving, and turning ambiguous problem spaces into radical solutions
- An ability to flourish in ambiguity, setting your own goals and effectively delivering against them in a very fast-changing environment. A motivation to make the world a better place through technology, and the desire to be part of a team that makes it happen
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.