Recruiting Lead, Machine Learning
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo’s People team recruits and supports the world’s best talent (including, we hope, you). Our HR business partners, program administrators, staffers, and compensation specialists help our employees attain their full potential in a healthy, considerate and supportive environment. We take seriously our role as champions of Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity (EID) and stewards of the unique Waymo culture.
In this role, you’ll:
- Establish deep connections in the machine learning community on behalf of Waymo; through these connections bring the top machine learning talent to the company.
- Build the Waymo brand by creating a presence at key ML events and providing positive experiences for candidates and prospects
- Partner with managers on team building and diversity initiatives
- Communicate Waymo’s unique value proposition to candidates
- Develop panels and assessments to increase the efficacy of our interviewing
- Support our People team in various company initiatives (e.g. diversity, culture, etc.)
We’d like you to have:
- BA/BS Degree (Computer Science background a bonus)
- 8+ years of full lifecycle recruiting with deep sourcing expertise
- In depth knowledge of the machine learning space (e.g. top university programs, conferences, disciplines/focus areas, pockets of company talent)
- Established connections with top machine learning engineers
- Comfort with ambiguity and working in unstructured problem spaces
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.