Software Engineer, Hardware Test
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo's supply chain and manufacturing teams are making the cars of the future a reality. We handle all production processes and supplier development strategies: from contracts and purchasing, to designs for improved manufacturing, through quality control and delivery. We collaborate actively with Waymo engineering teams as well as external suppliers and partners to make sure everything is built to spec and delivered on time to meet the rising demands of our business.
In this software engineering role, you’ll:
- Develop software for board level and system level testing of sensors used in self-driving cars
- Develop software to bring up new hardware
- Collaborate with Development and Hardware Test Engineering teams to conduct hands-on troubleshooting of PCBAs, subassemblies and systems
- Work with Waymo’s Tool and Infrastructure SWEs to optimize the software infrastructure for linking with CM’s manufacturing software systems
- Provide on-site management of manufacturing partners to manage assembly line bring-up including automation
We’d like you to have:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering , Computer Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- Strong experience in Python and computer networking
- Experience in embedded software development
- Experience in board level circuit testing and troubleshooting
- International experience, particularly in Asia and ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 15% of the time
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.