Supplier Quality Manager
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo's supply chain and manufacturing teams are making the cars of the future a reality. We handle all production processes and supplier development strategies: from contracts and purchasing, to designs for improved manufacturing, through quality control and delivery. We collaborate actively with Waymo engineering teams as well as external suppliers and partners to make sure everything is built to spec and delivered on time to meet the rising demands of our business.
In this supplier quality manager role, you'll:
- Develop and/or approve manufacturing inspection processes, equipment, tools, gauges, and fixtures for printed circuit board assemblies
- Lead cross-functional technical reviews to obtain consensus for proposed manufacturing inspection methods, gauge designs, and inspection equipment before build events
- Provide on-site management of suppliers to manage manufacturing bring-up including gauges, inspection equipment, fixtures, automation, and measurement correlation between manufacturing sites
- Work with suppliers (including training) involved in setting up process controls, data collection, failure analysis, corrective action and reporting (in every phase of manufacturing) for early detection and correction, continual improvement
- Act as a lead engineer to drive suppliers on-site process control and develop quality programs to ensure highest level of quality and reliability is consistently delivered
We'd like you to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- 8 years of experience in working with suppliers directly to drive quality improvement and solve technical problems
- Experience in designing and validating test methods and gauges for printed circuit board assembly
- Solid understanding of DOE, DFM, PFMEA techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.