Service Writer Lead
Chandler, Arizona, United States
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Operations keeps Waymo’s business rolling. We are the vehicle operators, service technicians and customer support specialists who test and maintain our self-driving vehicles and bring help and guidance to our passengers and customers. The Operations team is the heart of Waymo’s testing operations and ride hailing service, handling every detail to make sure that each ride is the ultimate user experience.
In this role, you’ll:
- Hire and train a team of service writers
- Provide leadership to your team and encourage thorough communication and documentation practices
- Oversee processes and workflow of service writers in multiple locations
- Generate operational efficiency reports and forecast personnel needs
- Identify and implement areas of improvement in a cross functional environment
We'd like you to have:
- 5 years of managerial experience
- 3 years of experience as a Service Writer in a shop with a minimum of 5 technicians or 3 years of experience managing fleet operations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- BS/BA or equivalent practical experience
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.