Software Engineer, Test
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this software engineering role, you'll:
- Support sensor manufacturing by customizing existing systems to improve test integration, assembly tracking, and reporting pipelines
- Develop, deploy, and optimize custom drivers for sensor systems
- Develop novel calibration processes involving multiple sensors and actuation stages in the loop
- Create tools to help analyze sensor behavior
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- At least 3+ years experience of Python/C++ programming experience
- A BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a similar discipline. An equivalent amount of real-life experience is also welcome
It’s preferred if you have:
- Proficient in numerical analysis and plotting software such as Matlab, Colab, or NumPy
- Experience in communication interfaces (I2C, RS232, USB, Ethernet)
- Embedded software experience
- Experience with using and programming lab instruments such as an oscilloscope, programmable power supply, spectrum analyzer, and signal generator
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.