Electrical Integration Lead Engineer
Mountain View, California, United States
Novi, Michigan, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this Electrical Integration Lead Engineer role, you'll:
- Design, develop, and release vehicle power and signal distribution systems.
- Integrate electrical modules for self-driving systems, including sensors, antennae, displays, controls, microphones, etc.
- Develop and inform vehicle electrical system architecture.
- Collaborate with cross functional engineering teams, manufacturing, supply chain, suppliers, external partners, and other stakeholders to successfully deliver robust systems from concept through production launch.
- Support vehicle build activities, debug electrical systems, and resolve field issues.
- Engage a team of engineers, designers, and suppliers; conduct team meetings and lead system reviews with peers, stakeholders, and management.
We'd like you to have:
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or equivalent.
- 7+ years of works experience with vehicle power and signal distribution systems and/or automative grade electronics and hardware design, development, and integration.
- Experience leading small teams of engineers.
- Provide track record of delivery from concept through launch
- Experience with CAD design, CATIA V5/V6 and control system design preferred.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and visual), and ability to influence others.
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.