Harness Integration Mechanical Engineer
Mountain View, California, United States
Novi, Michigan, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this Integration Engineer role, you'll:
- Work within the Vehicle Engineering team to design, release, and deliver Waymo electrical harnesses supporting the functionality of various self driving systems throughout the vehicle. You will work together with the Electrical Architecture and Vehicle Engineering teams to develop a functional harness, its routing, and it’s mounting hardware within the vehicle.
- Responsible to design, release, and deliver, from concept to production, wiring harnesses, power distribution sub-systems and low voltage energy storage systems, as well as managing their integration and mounting strategies into our vehicles.
- Create BOM, 2D layouts and 3D CAD of automotive electrical wiring harnesses.
- Support supplier sourcing activities by creating technical information packages for quotation. Once nominated, working closely with vendors to ensure quality and timely delivery of hardware for vehicle build activities, using tools such as DFMEA, DVP&R during development
- Lead zone reviews to communicate, coordinate, and consult with all stakeholders
- Support vehicle build events, including debugging harness issues and subsequent resolution. Manage the cost, mass, and performance attributes for the harness within the provided specifications/requirements
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- 4+ years of automotive harness release experience.
- Experience with development and integration of current harness technology into a vehicle platform.
- Experience with wire harness design software such as Mentor Graphics.
- Experience with 2D&3D CAD software, preferably CatiaV5/V6.
- Ability to travel international and domestic.
It’s preferred if you have:
- Proven track record of delivery from concept through launch.
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles and experimental hardware.
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.