Chandler, Arizona, United States
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Operations keeps Waymo’s business rolling. We are the vehicle operators, service technicians and customer support specialists who test and maintain our self-driving vehicles and bring help and guidance to our passengers and customers. The Operations team is the heart of Waymo’s testing operations and ride hailing service, handling every detail to make sure that each ride is the ultimate user experience.
In this fleet dispatcher role, you'll:
- Answer calls and communicate effectively with mobile operatives in the field
- Be a support outlet for infield operatives during the morning, evening or overnight shift
- Respond and handle emergency situations with composure
- Communicate and work cross-functionally with various teams to maintain fleet
- Provide honest technical feedback
- Support a group of drivers to meet team and program goals
We'd like you to have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 1 year of experience dispatching or coordinating logistics
- 1 year of management, mentoring and/or instructor experience (resource planning, allocation, optimization, reporting etc.)
- Ability to adhere to a schedule of operating times for the assigned shift including, but not limited to, working on holidays and shift rotations
- Ability to travel as needed
- Ability to remain flexible with the changing needs of the business
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.