Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Marketing and communications manage the public face of Waymo. Marketing is at the forefront of brand strategy, positioning, messaging and go-to-market initiatives, delivered through anything from creative campaigns and advertising, to events and social media. Communications develops messaging for new products and other initiatives, helping to tell compelling stories about Waymo through the media, influencers, and our own channels. Together, we build public awareness and interest in Waymo's fully self-driving technology.
In this Communications Manager role you'll:
- Develop messaging and communications strategy to promote Waymo’s fully self-driving technology and service
- Work cross-functionally to create a clear narrative about Waymo, our brand, our business and vision
- Build awareness of Waymo through media or consumer-facing initiatives that articulate Waymo’s mission, values and technology
- Manage relationships with key press, partners and influencers, including serving as an on-record spokesperson
- Train and advise spokespersons for media interviews, press conferences and presentations
We'd like you to have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 8 years of relevant work experience in Corporate, B2B, Executive Communications or Consumer communication
- Experience working directly with reporters, editors, bloggers, researchers, industry analysts and other thought leaders
- Background in the technology, automotive or mobility sector or experience developing messaging for new-to-the-market products is preferred
- Experience in crisis, rapid response, or issues management is preferred
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.