Senior Business Intelligence Analyst, Finance
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Our cars may be self-driving, but Waymo’s finances are steered by experts like you. The Finance and Accounting group manages our money and serves as trusted advisors for all our strategic and enterprise endeavors. Along with setting budgets and performing all proper accounting, we run detailed financial analysis and create advanced capital strategies for the company’s short- and long-term future.
In this Senior Business Intelligence Analyst role, you'll:
- Work closely with Finance team members and their respective business partners to understand their data and information needs and define a BI architecture to deliver against those current and future needs
- Work across the finance organization (Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations, Product, etc.) to play a core role in providing analytical, technical, and reporting solutions in support of Waymo’s key business functions, thereby helping the business translate financial and operational data into insightful and actionable metrics that will help drive Waymo’s success
- Design and drive end to end development of BI solutions that are an excellent fit to the business’s evolving needs and can scale with the company’s growth, collaborating with business and engineering stakeholders as needed
- Work with Engineering partners to help shape and drive the development of Waymo’s BI infrastructure including data warehousing, reporting and analytics platforms
We'd like you to have:
- BA/BS degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience with 7 years of experience in BI related roles. In addition, experience developing and managing data and reporting projects and applications, including the development of large data sets in industry standard data warehousing/analytics environment will have equipped you well for this role
- Strong SQL and reporting design skills, along with a good understanding of data modeling and ETL concepts and technologies and an ability to thrive in ambiguity
- Practical experience with database and front-end BI platforms and technologies such as Teradata, Oracle, Hadoop, Tableau, Microstrategy, Business Objects etc.
- Experience with core financial systems (e.g. Oracle, SAP, Hyperion) and data and understanding of core Finance concepts and processes
- Proven project management skills and ability to effectively collaborate across business functions, including ability to prioritize assignments, balance interests of cross-functional stakeholders, deal with ambiguity, and deliver high quality solutions on time in a fast paced and growth oriented environment
- Consulting and team leadership experience paired with experience as a key contributor role in developing significant data infrastructure and analytics solutions is preferred
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.