Software Engineer, Fleet Infrastructure
San Francisco, California, United States
Fleet Infrastructure Engineering is a cooperative and tight knit group of creatives in charge of inventing the systems that will manage and optimize a large fleet of truly driverless vehicles - something that has never been done before. We are a diverse group of talented Software Engineers, who need more curious and collaborative people to help us build this system from the ground up.
In this Software Engineering role, you’ll:
- Design and build the back-end infrastructure of Waymo’s operation services, solving the problems that arise when managing a large number of autonomous vehicles, as opposed to one in isolation
- Design and build the front end Web UIs for relevant teams to interact with the operations system
- Collaborate and work closely with other teams at Waymo, including other Software teams, product teams and hardware teams to deliver a system that optimizes for Waymo and all its needs as a whole
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- A BS degree in Computer Science or similar discipline. An equivalent amount of real-life experience is also welcome
- 2+ years of industry experience
- Familiarity with C++ and/or familiarity with front end web development
It’s preferred if you have:
- An MS degree in Computer Science or similar discipline
- Strong C++ background and/or strong front end web development
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.