Supplier Quality Engineer, Manufacturing
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo's supply chain and manufacturing teams are making the cars of the future a reality. We handle all production processes and supplier development strategies: from contracts and purchasing, to designs for improved manufacturing, through quality control and delivery. We collaborate actively with Waymo engineering teams as well as external suppliers and partners to make sure everything is built to spec and delivered on time to meet the rising demands of our business.
In this Supplier Quality Engineer role, you'll:
- Develop and/or approve manufacturing inspection processes, equipment, tools, gauges, and fixtures for raw material, mechanical components, and mechanical assemblies
- Lead cross-functional technical reviews to obtain consensus for proposed manufacturing inspection methods, gauge designs and inspection equipment before build events
- Establish qualification processes for assembly fixtures, CNC fixtures, injection molding tools, stamping tools, etc.
- Select critical components for inspection equipment to ensure optimal measurement performance and capability
- Provide on-site management of suppliers to manage manufacturing bring-up including gauges, inspection equipment, fixtures, automation and measurement correlation between manufacturing sites
We'd like you to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- 6 years of experience designing and validating test methods and gauges for mechanical manufacturing processes including forging, stamping, CNC, lathe, die-cast, metal injection molding, injection molding, anodizing, plating, laser welding, glass, lenses, etc.
- International experience, particularly in Asia
- Experience in the following: development of automated inspection equipment and new inspection methods to characterize mechanical and optical components
- Demonstrated hands-on manufacturing experience, along with a solid understanding of DOE and GD&T techniques.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.