Intern, Human Resources
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo’s People team recruits and supports the world’s best talent (including, we hope, you). Our HR business partners, program administrators, staffers, and compensation specialists help our employees attain their full potential in a healthy, considerate and supportive environment. We take seriously our role as champions of Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity (EID) and stewards of the unique Waymo culture.
In this role, you'll:
- Support the People Programs team in the execution and analysis of people programs including: performance management, promotion, employee engagement, manager development, and diversity and inclusion
- Partner with the people programs team on the design and execution of Waymo’s 2nd People Manager Summit
- Have the opportunity to learn project management, program design, and stakeholder management skills
- Own coordination responsibilities for all events and trainings related to people programs
We’d like you to have:
- Current enrollment in a bachelor’s program, with one year remaining
- A passion for HR and finding people-driven solutions to problems
- Demonstrated success working on teams
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects with a high-level of consciousness and accountability
- Ability to effectively operate with flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving, team environment
- Good judgement and high level of professionalism, with strong oral and written communication skills
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.