Program Manager, Fleet Systems Operations
Austin, Texas, United States
Chandler, Arizona, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Operations keeps Waymo’s business rolling. We are the vehicle operators, service technicians and customer support specialists who test and maintain our self-driving vehicles and bring help and guidance to our passengers and customers. The Operations team is the heart of Waymo’s testing operations and ride hailing service, handling every detail to make sure that each ride is the ultimate user experience.
In this Program Manager role you'll:
- Acquire an in-depth understanding of self-driving technology, Fleet Systems Operation purpose and functionality, and tools
- Manage the agents on your shift to ensure quality and timely responses to the need of our fleet of vehicles
- Exercise superior judgement on the driving environment and of the behavior of our fleet of vehicles
- Act as the point of contact and escalation for Fleet Systems Operators. Work with Waymo’s engineers to identify issues or feature requests
- Collaborate with Fleet Systems Operation Lead and engineers to implement changes based on feedback
We'd like you to have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Must adhere to a rigid schedule of operating times for the assigned shift including, but not limited to, working on holidays, weekends, and shift rotations
- 2+ years of experience in quality assurance or operations
- 2+ year of personnel management experience
- Superb communication, organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.