Corporate Development & Finance Principal
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
The Corporate Development team’s mission is to advance implementation of Waymo’s corporate strategy and technological strength through a combination of knowledge transfer, inorganic investments, acquisitions, partnerships and other transaction types. Keeping its finger on the pulse of the automotive and technology ecosystems, the team identifies targets, creates financial models, conducts/orchestrates due diligence activities and leads or supports the execution of a variety of transaction types to optimize Waymo's financial and deal objectives.
In this role, you’ll:
- Lead and support activities across the deal lifecycle including identification of targets, financial modeling and pro forma financial statement development, business valuation, due diligence, negotiations, deal execution, post-close integration/monitoring
- Partner with the business and technology functions to identify areas of inorganic growth and/or focus as well as vet opportunities, determine disposition actions, log and monitor deals flagged for ongoing review. Additionally, you will build and maintain relationships across Alphabet and the automotive and technology ecosystem
- Orchestrate cross-functional reviews and due diligence activities within Waymo, with Alphabet and third party providers, as required. You will also prepare investment memos and executive presentations for various internal and Alphabet meetings
- In the case of equity investments, support the active management of investments, monitor and report on investment performance, as required
- In collaboration with Finance leadership and with input from Legal and business functions, design, manage and continuously improve the capabilities, processes, governance, and communications of the corporate development function within Waymo
- Conduct ad hoc analyses and financial models on various corporate finance and contractual matters. Financial analyses may include complex modeling of capitalization structures, lease/buy/financing reviews of various assets of the business, and other corporate finance studies
We’d like you to have:
- MBA with a technical or quantitative undergraduate degree and a minimum of 12 years experience in at least two of the following areas: Investment banking, Corporate/Business Development, Corporate Finance, Consulting, Corporate Strategy, Venture Capital, Technology Development
- Expert financial modeling and data analytics skills; a deep interest in analyzing data with the ability to distill trends and provide principled recommendations and a strong command of accounting and financial statement analysis as it relates to company analysis, valuation, and due diligence activities
- Familiarity and experience with: a wide range of transaction types and ability to evaluate the benefits and risks of different transaction types and deal structures; the buy-side/investment deal lifecycle: strategy and scouting, due diligence and valuation, deal structuring, execution, and integration; sell-side deals, carve-outs, and other unique structuring/restructuring arrangements
- Excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills and strong executive presence with an ability to present thoughtful input to controversial decision making. Demonstrated experience leading successful global, cross-functional projects in a corporate environment is preferred
- Proven ability in identifying/addressing integration, financial consolidation and reporting, sales, marketing and legal ramifications of transactions and deep knowledge of capital markets
- Experience using CapIQ or Pitchbook database and research platforms and an ability to travel frequently and as required for success in the role
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.