Corporate Development & Finance Associate
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
The Corporate Development team’s mission is to advance implementation of Waymo’s corporate strategy and technological strength through a combination of knowledge transfer, inorganic investments, acquisitions, partnerships and other transaction types. Keeping its finger on the pulse of the automotive and technology ecosystems, the team identifies targets, creates financial models, conducts/orchestrates due diligence activities and leads or supports the execution of a variety of transaction types to optimize Waymo's financial and deal objectives.
In this role, you will:
- Support activities across the deal lifecycle including identification of targets, financial modeling, business valuation, due diligence, negotiation support, and deal execution support
- Partner with strategy, product, engineering and senior leadership team to vet opportunities, determine disposition actions, log and monitor deals flagged for ongoing review
- Lead and support financial modeling and analysis of target company, deal structures and pro-forma financial statements
- Prepare investment memos and executive presentations for various internal, and Alphabet meetings
- In the case of equity investments, support the active management of investments, monitor and report on investment performance, as required
- Conduct ad hoc analyses and financial models on various corporate finance and contractual matters
We’d like you to have:
- BS/BA degree in finance, accounting, economics, or quantitative degree with a minimum of 3 years experience in Investment banking, Corporate/Business Development, Corporate Finance, Consulting, Venture Capital
- Strong financial modeling skills with the capacity to distill trends into principled recommendations
- An understanding of accounting and financial statement analysis as it relates to company analysis, valuation, and due diligence activities; Strong research and analytical skills, with significant experience preparing financial analyses and reports to drive informed decision making
- An ability to prioritize assignments, successfully operate within highly ambiguous situations, and meet deadlines in a fast paced and growth oriented environment paired with excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity and experience with multiple transaction types and the various stages of the buy-side/investment deal lifecycle (target identification, due diligence and valuation, deal structuring) as well as sell-side deals, carve-outs, and other unique structuring/restructuring arrangements
- Experience using Capital IQ or Pitchbook database and research platforms and an ability to travel as needed for success in the role
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.