Systems Engineer, Motion Control
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo's Systems Engineering team works together to blend software and hardware systems in groundbreaking new ways. We set the high performance standards that ensure our vehicles run smoothly and keep passengers safe, then design and perform the tests that validate that performance. Our technical program managers create and maintain the plans and timelines that keep projects on schedule. We're looking for talented teammates who’ll help us maintain strong teamwork and are passionate about driving results.
In this Systems Engineer role, you'll:
- Define requirements for the steering, brakes and propulsion systems to meet the performance and fault tolerance objectives of the self driving car in its environment
- Work with other teams within Waymo and partner companies to design and build systems to meet those requirements
- Define and execute tests and other processes to build confidence in the performance, robustness and fault tolerance of the Self Driving Car
- Use large data sets to monitor performance and diagnose issues with motion control in the fleet of cars
We'd like you to have:
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical or electrical engineering.
- 2 years of experience as a Systems Engineer, Controls Engineer, Test Engineer or Embedded Developer.
- Good foundation in engineering physics
- Demonstrated background in programming, at least scripting
- Experience working in safety critical environments
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.