Business Systems Lead, Finance
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
The Business Systems team defines and builds the business IT architecture that supports the commercial operation of Waymo's autonomous vehicle fleet. The team stands at the intersection of finance, operations and IT; through creative architecture, expertise and attention to detail, it ensures that Waymo has world-class capabilities across all its business processes.
In this role, you'll:
- Provide deep Functional expertise on architecture design, systems and solutions selection and implementation, and continuous process improvement of core Financials/Accounting processes and responsibilities including Billing & Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Tax, Record to Report, Compliance and consolidations
- Work with Finance, Business and IT leaders, both within Waymo and our parent company Alphabet, to ensure Waymo’s architecture, process and operations requirements are excellently supported by our IT systems and processes
- Lead key systems (e.g. ERP, Billing, Financial Planning etc.) architecture and solution selection and implementation for Finance
- Develop current and target Finance business systems / process documentation and actively develop and drive the program to close identified gaps and deliver the target solution
- Act as Program Manager for the Finance systems agenda including requirements prioritization, project planning, resource estimates, risk management, change management, cost, solution implementation and status reporting
- Build strong, effective and collaborative relationships enabling you to influence key stakeholders across multiple customer, partner and supplier teams, establishing yourself as a trusted advisor to the business
We'd like you to have:
- BS in Engineering Computer Science, or equivalent experience (MBA a plus)
- 8+ years experience in an accounting/finance systems role (deep understanding of accounting finance processes - O2C, P2P, R2R, TAX and Consolidations)
- 3+ years experience in a program management role implementing accounting/finance business systems
- Played a key role in a full cycle ERP implementation (experience in implementing Cloud based ERP solutions such as SAP S4 Hana or Oracle Cloud)
- Experience in architecture design and ensuring effective integration and operation of processes across different Finance systems and platforms such as Hyperion, Blackline, Vertex, Integration Tools, Billing systems and Business intelligence
- Proven ability to work well across functions, winning the trust and confidence of both Finance and IT stakeholders and ensuring strong support for Waymo’s Finance systems agenda
- A strong bias to action with proven self-starter and leadership capabilities
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.