Mountain View, California, United States
San Francisco, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
As a member of the communications team, you’ll be on the cutting edge of bringing self-driving vehicles to the public, developing strategies that will increase understanding, acceptance, and adoption of this life-saving technology. We work with reporters, editors, bloggers, and other influencers to tell stories about Waymo and the potential of our technology to change how we move and live. We partner with the engineering, business, policy, marketing and product teams to create messaging for new products and other initiatives, counter misinformation, and shape our reputation.
In this communications role you'll:
- Source, develop, and draft a wide range of communications materials about our technology, including blog posts, narratives, scripts, and PR pitches
- Work closely with our engineers, researchers, and internal stakeholders to tell interesting stories about our technology and research and the people behind it
- Work with reporters to develop pitches for news articles and feature stories as well as organize media events
- Partner with leaders to create written internal materials including presentations, memos, and newsletters to keep employees informed
- Be able to understand deeply technical topics, and synthesize complex or technical ideas into clear, jargon-free messaging
- Be an effective team player who can work across multiple stakeholders
We'd like you to have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 4 years of relevant work experience in communications or marketing
- Experience working directly with reporters, editors, bloggers and/or researchers
- Strong communicator with writing samples
- Background in communications either in-house or at an agency preferred
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.