Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this PCB Design role, you'll:
- Utilize Altium and Allegro CAD design software for PCB assemblies and electrical schematics
- Act as the layout expert to support electronics engineers with layout activities
- Work with cross functional development teams such as PLM Management
- Attend design reviews and capture notes for improving layouts
- Help generate Bill of Materials (BOM) for electrical designs
- Release electrical designs into the Corporate PLM system.
- Generate all output files and documents from eCAD tool in a clear and timely manner.
We'd like you to have:
- Board design experience:
- Implementation of manufacturing rules
- Flex and/or Rigid PCBs and layouts of high frequency circuits
- High complexity, dense, small footprint PCBs
- Board designs for high volume production, not just one-off prototypes
- Creative thinking skills in problem solving process, be able to provide solid PLM understanding
- Ability to communicate technical information and concepts orally and in written form
- Flexibility in a frequently shifting/growing – multitasking environment
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or in relevant Engineering field
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.