Manufacturing Hardware Test Engineer
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo's supply chain and manufacturing teams are making the cars of the future a reality. We handle all production processes and supplier development strategies: from contracts and purchasing, to designs for improved manufacturing, through quality control and delivery. We collaborate actively with Waymo engineering teams as well as external suppliers and partners to make sure everything is built to spec and delivered on time to meet the rising demands of our business.
In this Manufacturing Hardware Test Engineer role, you’ll:
- Conduct PCBA troubleshooting, bringing up and rework
- Conduct photonic module troubleshooting and rework
- Develop product troubleshooting procedures
- Develop and maintain test stations for board and module level testing
- Provide on-site technical support to our manufacturing partners to bring up and to maintain production line test stations
We’d like you to have:
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering or Electronic Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in digital and analog circuit design/analysis, PCBA bringing-up, testing and troubleshooting
- Strong hands-on EE lab skills and enthusiasm in solving real world production problems
- Strong experience in Linux
- Strong experience in Python and/or embedded software development
- International experience, particularly in Asia and ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 15% of the time
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.