Lead Fleet Dispatcher
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Operations keeps Waymo’s business rolling. We are the vehicle operators, service technicians and customer support specialists who test and maintain our self-driving vehicles and bring help and guidance to our passengers and customers. The Operations team is the heart of Waymo’s testing operations and ride hailing service, handling every detail to make sure that each ride is the ultimate user experience.
In this role, you’ll:
- Manage a small team of Dispatchers and a medium sized team of temporary, vendor, and/or contract workers
- Answer calls and communicate with mobile operatives in the field as well as various cross-functional teams to maintain the fleet
- Organize daily tasks and assignments for a team of up to 100 people or more
- Respond and handle emergency situations with composure
- Be able to provide quality technical feedback
- Initiate, commence, and complete side projects based on project needs
We’d like you to have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 2 years experience operating self-driving vehicle systems and 3 years of management, mentoring and/or training experience
- Operations management experience (resource planning, allocation, optimization, reporting etc)
- Flexibility with the schedule of operating times for the assigned shift including, but not limited to, working on holidays and shift rotations
- Adaptability with the changing needs of the business
- Ability to travel up to 35% of the time or more as the business demand changes
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.