Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this Mechanical Engineer role, you'll:
- Work through entire product lifecycle from concept to production
- Design prototype parts as well as designing and supporting production builds
- Consider reliability, assembly, and delivery timeline
- Support large production builds
- Help plan release strategy for hardware upgrades
We'd like you to have:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering (or related) and 3+ years experience or related engineering discipline or equivalent practical experience
- Experienced at gathering input and collaborating to arrive at optimal design specifications
- Proficiency in CAD tools - Solidworks or Catia
- Experience with opto mechanical systems is a plus
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.