Software Engineer, Bring Up & DV, Compute
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this software engineering role, you'll:
- Collaborate with hardware engineers to create bring-up software that will help with validation and performance characterization of core in-house ASICs
- Create and run software that tests and characterizes our self-driving compute platform (performance, error injection, reliability, etc.)
- Design diagnostic and debug tools to monitor the health of the hardware on our fleet
- Automate hardware tests and contribute to our manufacturing test suite
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of industry experience with C/C++ and Python while working on hardware systems
- Knowledge of computer architecture, networking, and communication buses
- Experience with chip and board bring-up, triage of complex electronic systems, and manufacturing testing
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment and working close to the hardware
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.