Growth Marketing Manager
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
On the Waymo Marketing team, you will help to connect people with the magic and impact of Waymo's self-driving technology. Our team has the unique opportunity to not only grow Waymo's brand from the ground up, but to also build societal acceptance for fully self-driving technology for the first time in history. We build thoughtful marketing strategy, positioning, messaging and creative assets to deliver messages that matter to our audience, communicated through anything from video content, to social media interactions, to immersive physical experiences. We also shape Waymo's go-to-market initiatives, helping to transform Waymo into a thriving business with a growing user base.
In this marketing role, you'll:
- Build growth marketing programs and systems from scratch, cutting across user acquisition, on-boarding and retention, while partnering closely with product, operations, partnerships, and finance. Develop solutions that flex from the earliest beginnings of a pilot product launch through rapid scaling and growth
- Design, execute and track all direct marketing campaigns in partnership with cross-functional teams, using channels such as paid online/offline media, email, app push notifications, pricing & promotions, referrals etc. to influence user behavior
- Source and directly manage new external vendors and systems as needed to meet Waymo’s growth needs, building new guidelines and processes from scratch
- Collaborate with business partnerships team to strategize and collaborate on revenue-generating partnerships
- Use laser focus on data, experimentation and analytics to uncover key business insights and opportunities for scalable user growth
We'd like you to have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience; MBA preferred
- 10+ years of experience in growth function, ideally at a high-growth company. Strong track record of success taking a small start-up or pilot product to much larger scale
- Ability to craft growth marketing strategy from scratch, flexing across both short and long-term needs, and moving deftly between both strategy and detailed execution. Willing and excited to get hands dirty as needed to directly implement ideas
- Deep familiarity with full spectrum of growth marketing tactics and systems, including online/offline campaign management, email and mobile marketing, marketing automation or CRM tools, customer data infrastructure, data analytics tools
- Extremely analytical and results-driven. Demonstrated ability to use insights and data to inform strategies, improve results and drive innovative thinking
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced and high-pressure start-up environment. Highly resilient and resourceful. Able to move very calmly and quickly in the face of new obstacles or rapid change. Team player with excellent ability to collaborate and influence effectively across functions, even as team roles and relationships are still being defined
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.