Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this hardware engineering role, you'll:
- Perform DFT and work closely with electrical designer and layout to maximize/improve test coverage
- Investigate functional/cluster test feasibility to maximize coverage as well as be important part on the failure analysis (field returns and manufacturing rejects)
- Develop test program based on Agilent ICT 3070 test platform (Teradyne and flying probe a plus) including dual stage fixtures, i2c, mixed signals, silicon nails and boundary scan tests
- Lead and execute the release process at contract manufacturers (CMs, CPK, GR&R, strain-gauge, troubleshooting)
- Select, coordinate and manage external ICT test fixture and test suppliers
We'd like you to have:
- Minimum 10 years of experience designing and implementing ICT test programs
- Experience designing test for complex, high speed PCBA
- Mixed and High speed signal test experience as well as JTAG flashing and i2c
- B-Scan chain and silicon nails tests
- OEM interaction and coordination (China OEM is a plus)
- External supplier coordination and ability to travel overseas (25% of the time)
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.