RF Hardware Engineer
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this hardware engineering role, you'll:
- Design hardware platforms for RF and HS digital components and associated controls and power supplies.
- Assist in the bring-up and work on the prototype production and testing.
- Work with mechanical, thermal, and systems engineers on packaging, assembly, and wiring requirements.
- Integrate hardware into the broader self-driving system and follow-up on issues.
- Assist in efforts to scale hardware manufacturing and test.
We'd like you to have:
- 5+ years of experience working with radio frequency or high speed digital systems.
- Hands-on lab experience working with RF Test equipment, soldering, and debugging equipment.
- Ability to lead board design effort, work to get hardware manufactured, and work on engineering and production test plans.
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.