Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
In this hardware engineering role, you'll:
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
- Maintain active presence in design stages of product development; guide teams with EMC design principles, including schematics, PCB layout design and simulations
- Drive design efforts toward EMC compliance
- Work closely with the cross-functional team to ensure highest quality products and processes are developed and deployed
- Debug EMC/EMI problems and deep dive into root causes
- Review and tailor EMI/EMC requirements to meet specified product performance, creation of test reports, procedures, control plans and guidelines, cost reduction EMC evaluations and second source component evaluation
- Attend technical committees, updating the teams with latest regulations and any potential impact to our products
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- MS degree in Electrical Engineering with minimum 5 years of relevant experience in consumer electronics, medical devices, automotive or aerospace industry
- Have knowledge of international EMC regulations, standards (include, but are not limited to CISPR, IEC/EN, ETSI, ISO, FCC) and test methods
It’s preferred if you have:
- Thorough understanding of factors influencing EMC including emissions/immunity/ESD/automotive transients and mitigating techniques
- Highly skilled in PCB level EMC design as well as connector and enclosure design
- Skilled in EMC debug techniques and be able to accurately perform emissions and immunity testing
- Good verbal and written communication skills
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.