Technical Program Manager - OEM Partner Lead
Mountain View, California, United States
Novi, Michigan, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this Technical Program Manager - OEM Partner Lead role, you will:
- Be responsible for managing the scope, timing, cost, and deliverables of the technical partnership as well as liaison between the OEM and Waymo’s engineering team.
- Develop and manage schedule, including program delivery milestones. Harmonize timeline conflicts between OEM and Waymo.
- Direct OEM partner personnel on engineering issues and resolve trade-offs to meet Waymo requirements and objectives.
- Communicate with, and facilitate communication between all program stakeholders at the OEM partner and Waymo. Engage with OEM partner to obtain support, data, and decisions in a timely manner.
- Assure OEM delivery against contractual scope, requirements, budget, and deliverables. Resolve conflicts and manage scope change.
- Support and manage all engineering activities required to integrate self-driving system technology into vehicles including design, sourcing, build, and testing for electrical, mechanical, and software integration.
We'd like you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- 7+ years of program management, engineering management, or similar team leadership experience.
- Proven delivery experience in the automotive industry with OEMs or Tier 1 suppliers.Able to support domestic and international travel, up to 50%.
- Self-starter with creative and critical thinking capabilities and demonstrates the ability to work autonomously to manage projects and maintain communication with interested parties.
- Experience leading cross-functional, international teams and projects, product development at automotive OEMs and/or suppliers.
- Background in electrical systems integration, motion control systems development, electrical distribution systems, or similar technical area.
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.