Senior Business Systems Analyst, Supply Chain
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo’s Business Systems team plays a crucial role in defining and building the business IT architecture required to support the commercial operation of its autonomous vehicle fleet. Reporting to the Head of Business Systems (part of the CFO Organization) the Senior Business Systems Analyst will be at the intersection of Waymo’s supply chain and IT architecture strategy/operations, ensuring Waymo has world class capabilities in these areas.
In this role, you'll:
- Provide deep functional expertise on architecture design, systems and solutions selection and implementation, and continuous process improvement of Procure to Pay process and responsibilities including Direct Purchasing (Inventory), Indirect Purchasing (Cost center based) and Inventory Management
- Develop current and target business systems architecture and lead solution selection and implementation for Supply Chain and Manufacturing systems (e.g. ERP, EDI, Costing & Planning)
- Own and drive multiple systems development projects, collaborating effectively across internal and external stakeholder teams and ensuring Waymo’s Manufacturing and Supply Chain capabilities operate effectively as part of the company’s IT and business processes
- Work with Supply Chain / Manufacturing, Business and IT leaders, both within Waymo and our parent company Alphabet, to ensure Waymo’s architecture, process and operations requirements are excellently supported by our IT systems and processes
- Build strong, effective and collaborative relationships enabling you to influence key stakeholders across multiple customer, partner and supplier teams, establishing yourself as a trusted advisor to the business
We'd like you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Computer Science, Industrial Manufacturing or equivalent experience (MBA a plus)
- 8+ years experience in a Supply chain systems role with specific exposure to Supply chain processes including Demand Forecasting, P2P Direct and Indirect, Inventory management and EDI
- 3+ years experience in a program management role implementing Supply chain business systems, including experience in a full cycle ERP implementation (ideally experience Cloud based ERP solutions such as SAP S4 Hana or Oracle Cloud)
- Experience in architecture design and ensuring effective integration and operation of processes across different Supply chain systems and platforms such as Ariba, SAP IBP, Anaplan, EDI X12 Integrations and understanding of PLM systems
- Expertise and experience in each of the following:
- Material Management including Material/Item Master, BOM, Inventory Management, Logistics Supply chain planning, Forecasting, Build Plan Processes
- Purchasing Process including MRP Process, Purchase Requisitions, Blanket Purchase Agreements/Purchasing Contracts, Standard Po’s and EDI Integration with vendors such as CMs and 3PLs
- Indirect Purchasing (Cost Center based purchasing) including Catalog and Non-Catalog based purchasing, RFQ/RFP Process, HR System integration for PO Approval hierarchies and workflow management
- Strong bias to action with proven self-starter, collaboration, communication, influencing and leadership capabilities
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.