Software Engineer, Planner & Controls, Behavior & Analysis
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Software Engineering builds the brains of Waymo's fully self-driving vehicles. Our software allows our vehicles to perceive the world around them, make the right decision for every situation, and deliver people safely to their destinations.
We're looking for people interested to (1) develop robust solutions to real world problems and (2) help understand the next driving challenges by analyzing real-world logs collected on our state-of-the-art fleet.
In this planning and controls role, you’ll:
- Grow a fundamental understanding of the next driving challenges by analyzing real-world logs collected on our state-of-the-art fleet
- Develop computationally efficient decision-making systems for the self-driving vehicles, ensuring that the behavior of our vehicles is safe, smooth, and predictable to other road users.
- Build robust solutions to cutting-edge driving problems
- Improve how our vehicles act and react in complex and nuanced situations
- Creatively and collaboratively build robust solutions to cutting-edge driving problems
We’d like you to have:
- MS/PHD in Computer Science, ECE, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in at least one of: machine learning, geometry computation, graph search.
- Experience programming in C++
- Experience in data structures and advanced algorithms
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.