Audio Systems Engineer
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this hardware engineering role, you'll:
- Lead audio subsystem design in Waymo projects and work with key stakeholders to produce a design with all the given tradeoff and constraints
- Develop audio schematic, review layouts, and bringup and validation of designs
- Evaluate performance of audio systems to ensure it meets targeted performance
- Work with cross functional teams to deliver proper audio DSP tuning for various use cases
- Drive failure analysis and root cause analysis on RMA
- Maintain a roadmap of new audio technologies for Waymo modules with display into Waymo projects
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Master or PhD in EE or Physics or similar disciplines
- 7+ years of work experience in audio subsystems and shipped high volume products (travel is required)
It’s preferred if you have:
- Automotive experience preferred
- Experience with Audio Precision, Head Acoustics, or Ares
- Experience with DSP tuning, acoustic designs for speakers and microphones
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.