Sr. Business Finance Analyst
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Our cars may be self-driving, but Waymo’s finances are steered by experts like you. The Finance and Accounting group manages all aspects of our finances and serves as trusted advisors for all our strategic and enterprise endeavors. Along with managing compilation of our financial statements, looking after our cash and overseeing compliance, we partner closely with the business in overseeing company wide resource allocation, developing cutting edge compensation initiatives and generating detailed financial analyses to drive the business forward. We also develop advanced capital strategies to support the company’s short- and long-term future.
In this Financial Analyst role, you'll:
- Support forecasting, business planning and analysis for several key areas of the business including strategic alternative analyses, financial modeling, and applications of other financial tools to impact decision making and create actionable insights
- Build and maintain rigorous analytical tools and reporting to measure business results, key success metrics, financial performance, and support forecasting leveraging core systems infrastructure as appropriate and creating new capabilities as required
- Collaborate, support and advise business partners on strategic and financial aspects of the business with an eye to financial goals. You will work directly with Supply Chain, Vehicle and Engineering functions
- Cultivate strong relationships and collaborate across the Waymo Finance team and with other Alphabet Finance functions to drive efficient and effective processes and analyses
- Project manage several company-wide initiatives to drive cross-functional decision making and communications to achieve business goals
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BA/BS degree, ideally in a quantitative field, MBA preferred
- 8+ years of business and finance experience including 2+ years of finance or strategy consulting experience in an industrial, hardware, logistics or equivalent environment
- An understanding of finance and accounting, particularly as they relate to engineering, supply chain and manufacturing areas
- Ability to translate business objectives into actionable analyses complemented with a high tolerance for ambiguity. Effective problem solver and ability to drive multiple projects
- Familiarity with Plx, Oracle / Hyperion financial data systems / architecture and proficiency with modeling and presentation software
- Detail oriented with strong analytical capabilities and excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.