Hardware Engineer - Compute
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this hardware engineering role, you'll:
- Designing circuits and PCB layout for automotive compute systems from concept to mass production
- Provide detailed hands-on development of system and sub-circuits
- Drive resolution of cross-functional issues including those related to architecture (performance, power consumption, thermal behavior), production (quality, failure analysis, manufacturing), and development (schematic design, PCB layout, and overall system integration).
- Work with engineering/qualification teams on system bring up, and design validation, support team in debug and failure analysis investigation
We'd like you to have:
- BS degree in, Electrical Engineering, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Knowledgeable of computer architecture, networking, and communication buses such as CAN, I2C, SPI, MIPI, DDR, and PCIe.
- 3+ years using Altium and/or Cadence in designing automotive electronics
- Experience with lab bring-up, triage of complex electronic systems, and manufacturing testing
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.