Technical Program Manager, Software Quality Operations
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
As a Program Manager on Waymo Software Quality Operations team you will be a part of a large team mostly consisting of contract workers who support the needs of Waymo’s Software, Release and Systems Engineering teams. The Software Quality Operations team drills through hundreds of thousands of miles of simulated driving to find important safety critical issues and give engineers quick and proficient feedback on software quality.
In this Program Manager role, you'll:
- Deploy team to assess quality assurance across safety critical software
- Assess and reassess operational processes, escalation and communication between multiple teams
- Work across teams and product areas to align strategy, facilitate information and technology sharing, and foster collaboration
- Manage workflow for contractor team, and ensure continual operational process improvement
- Willingness to continually train and develop contractors
- Strategically approach QA testing, Operations, and communication between various departments and teams
We'd like you to have:
- BA/BS degree in technical, or business discipline, or equivalent practical experience and 3+ years project management experience
- Passion for Autonomous Vehicles
- Strong technical abilities - able to work cross functionally with software engineers
- Ability to define and execute project with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent ability to prioritize safety critical projects. Must be a self-starter, with the ability to work independently and on multiple initiatives at the same time
- Ability to manage large contractor team
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.