Vehicle Global Supply Manager
Mountain View, California, United States
Novi, Michigan, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo's supply chain and manufacturing teams are making the cars of the future a reality. We handle all production processes and supplier development strategies: from contracts and purchasing, to designs for improved manufacturing, through quality control and delivery. We collaborate actively with Waymo engineering teams as well as external suppliers and partners to make sure everything is built to spec and delivered on time to meet the rising demands of our business.
In this Vehicle Global Supply Manager role, you will:
- Work closely with Engineering, Industrial Design, Program Management and Manufacturing teams to understand and support platform specific needs and timelines
- Identify, develop, and manage a supply base that is passionate about Waymo’s mission and eager to support our development and production needs
- Develop detailed cost models, lead supplier negotiations and execute part cost strategy
- Plan capacity, budget and overall readiness for components related to vehicle integration of the self-driving car modules
- On-site support of suppliers and manufacturing partners to ensure supply of components for vehicle builds
We'd like you to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or equivalent practical experience, MBA or Masters preferred
- 6+ years of experience in supplier development, supply chain management, manufacturing operations, commodity or operations program management roles. International, Automotive OEM and Tier-1 experience is a plus
- Balances strategic thinking with an understanding of the details and passion for hands-on execution
- Demonstrated ability to handle ambiguity, work collaboratively and influence internal and external partners
- Self-starter, eager to take ownership in problem solving and has a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.