Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
The Analytics team owns all analytics data, solutions, and tooling for data driven decision making process across Waymo. Our scope includes logging infrastructure, experimentation framework, data processing pipelines and data warehouse empowering reporting and business analysis.
In this Data Engineer role, you'll:
- Help to steer a potentially multi-billion dollar business, and you will be a leading member of a growing team
- Design and develop the data systems and reporting tools to ensure that Waymo team members have the product, support, and operations data they need to make crucial business decisions
- Create innovative data solutions and solve challenging problems using Google’s large-scale production data infrastructure
- Have high-visibility within a cross-functional organization
- Develop new skills in the areas of Analytics, Growth, Big Data and Data Science
We'd like you to have:
- BS in Computer Science, or related field
- Experience with Java or C++
- High-threshold for experimentation and project exploration
- Self-driven, passion to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with open source data analysis or business analysis infrastructure
- Interest in Autonomous Vehicle technology
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.