Software Engineer, Routing Navigation
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Software Engineering builds the brains of Waymo's fully self-driving vehicles. Our software allows our vehicles to perceive the world around them, make the right decision for every situation, and deliver people safely to their destinations. We think deeply and solve complex technical challenges in areas like robotics, perception, decision-making and deep learning, while collaborating with hardware and systems engineers. If you’re a software engineer who’s curious and passionate about Level 4 autonomous driving, we'd like to meet you.
In this Software Engineering role, you’ll be responsible for developing infrastructure and algorithms for improving routes driven by our self-driving vehicles.
- Developing new algorithms to improve navigation capabilities and fleet efficiency.
- Optimizing real-time decision making for making routes fast, safe and comfortable.
- Building simulation tools and infrastructure to enable data-driven decision making.
- Developing new metrics and understanding how customer feedback should influence decision-making.
- A BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Robotics, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience writing performant C++ code
- Knowledge of Routing or Motion Planning algorithms
- Experience building and deploying Machine Learning models
- Experience writing safety-critical code
- Experience with advanced graph search algorithms
- Experience with data analysis
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.