Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Software Engineering builds the brains of Waymo's fully self-driving vehicles. Our software allows our vehicles to perceive the world around them, make the right decision for every situation, and deliver people safely to their destinations. We think deeply and solve complex technical challenges in areas like robotics, perception, decision-making and deep learning, while collaborating with hardware and systems engineers. If you’re a software engineer who’s curious and passionate about Level 4 autonomous driving, we'd like to meet you.
In this Software Engineering role, you’ll be responsible for developing infrastructure and algorithms for improving routes driven by our self-driving vehicles.
- Developing new algorithms to improve navigation capabilities and fleet efficiency.
- Optimizing real-time decision making for making routes fast, safe and comfortable.
- Building simulation tools and infrastructure to enable data-driven decision making.
- Developing new metrics and understanding how customer feedback should influence decision-making.
- A BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Robotics, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience writing performant C++ code
- Knowledge of Routing or Motion Planning algorithms
- Experience building and deploying Machine Learning models
- Experience writing safety-critical code
- Experience with advanced graph search algorithms
- Experience with data analysis
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.