Product Manager, Path Planning
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first self-driving car, with researchers, designers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From self driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this Product Manager role you'll:
- Work closely with Engineering to turn breakthrough technologies into products that solve real user needs, save lives, and transform transportation
- Determine requirements and prioritization leveraging both user research and product insight
- Help to refine Waymo’s product vision and strategy
- Guide the roadmap of motion planning and decision-making systems for the self-driving vehicles, ensuring that the behavior of our vehicles is safe, smooth, and predictable to other road users
- Grow a fundamental understanding of the next driving challenges by analyzing real-world logs collected on our state-of-the-art fleet
We'd like you to have:
- 2 years of experience in product management
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Master's degree in a technical or engineering field or MBA or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in autonomous vehicles, robotic path planning, human robot interaction, or applied machine learning is a plus
- Strategy and analytical skills with the ability to gather and analyze large quantities of information, and turn them into a thoughtful and compelling product vision, including economics/business plan. Good at problem stating and problem solving, and turning ambiguous problem spaces into radical solutions
- Flourish in ambiguity while setting own goals and effectively delivering to them in a very fast-changing environment. Motivated by making the world a better place through technology, and wanting to be part of a team that makes this happen
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.