Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Software Engineering builds the brains of Waymo's fully self-driving vehicles. Our software allows our vehicles to perceive the world around them, make the right decision for every situation, and deliver people safely to their destinations. We think deeply and solve complex technical challenges in areas like robotics, perception, decision-making and deep learning, while collaborating with hardware and systems engineers. If you’re a software engineer who’s curious and passionate about Level 4 autonomous driving, we'd like to meet you.
In this role, you will:
- Find new ways to apply deep learning to predict the future behavior of other road users
- Creatively and collaboratively build new deep learning models that can predict the future behavior of other road users in real-time
- Develop efficient Deep Learning architectures that can run in real-time
- Grow a fundamental understanding of the next prediction challenges by analyzing real-world logs collected on our state-of-the-art fleet
- PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Robotics, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in applied Machine Learning including data collection, analysis and feature engineering
- Experience in Deep Learning research
- Experience with TensorFlow
- Experience programming in Python/C++
- Experience in applying ML for control or planning problems (e.g. Imitation Learning, Behavior Prediction, Reinforcement Learning)
- Experience with deploying Deep Learning models for real-time applications, or other resource constrained setting
- Experience with a wide variety of Deep Learning Models (e.g. LSTM, RNN, CNN, VAE, GAN, etc.)
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.