Software Engineer, Behavior Prediction, Deep Learning
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Software Engineering builds the brains of Waymo's fully self-driving vehicles. Our software allows our vehicles to perceive the world around them, make the right decision for every situation, and deliver people safely to their destinations. We think deeply and solve complex technical challenges in areas like robotics, perception, decision-making and deep learning, while collaborating with hardware and systems engineers. If you’re a software engineer who’s curious and passionate about Level 4 autonomous driving, we'd like to meet you.
- Find new ways to apply deep learning to predict the future behavior of other road users
- Creatively and collaboratively build new deep learning models that can predict the future behavior of other road users in real-time
- Develop efficient Deep Learning architectures that can run in real-time
- Grow a fundamental understanding of the next prediction challenges by analyzing real-world logs collected on our state-of-the-art fleet
- PhD degree in Computer Science, Robotics, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in Deep Learning research
- Experience with TensorFlow
- Experience programming in C++
- Experience in applying ML for control or planning problems (e.g. Imitation Learning, Behavior Prediction, Reinforcement Learning)
- Experience with deploying Deep Learning models for real-time applications, or other resource constrained setting
- Experience with a wide variety of Deep Learning Models (e.g. LSTM, RNN, CNN, GAN, etc.)
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.