Head of Technical Program Management, Software
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first self-driving car, with researchers, designers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From self driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this head of technical program management role you'll:
- Establish a strong program management practice in an engineering dominated and fast paced environment, building the organizational muscle for predictable and sustainable execution
- Strategically manage and evolve the program management organization through a period of high growth
- Strike a balance between aggressive expansion and sustainable growth by partnering with product management and engineering to translate the product roadmap into integrated high level plans that are aligned with business goals
- Provide crisp status and communications to enable fast and effective escalations and decision making that allow the organization to react and adjust to changes
- Drive creation and improvements in cross functional processes and tools that enable and streamline the team’s efforts, and transition these successfully to sustaining resources
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
- Technical degree or equivalent practical experience
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience leading complex programs, with 5+ years managing program management teams in a technology or engineering company
- Demonstrated resilience and strong track record of ability to create change in an unstructured and rapidly evolving environment, strong leadership skills and experience
- Self directed and able to deliver to a high standard under pressure in a rapidly evolving environment
- Hiring and managing a team through a period of high growth
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.