Software Engineer, Radar
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
In this software engineering role, you'll:
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
- Manage code health of C++ radar processing code
- Design and build tools and infrastructure for processing, configuration, performance evaluation, etc
- Work with other teams within Waymo and Google to choose appropriate APIs/solutions for various projects
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- At least 5 years of C++ and MATLAB experience
- A BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a similar discipline. An equivalent amount of real-life experience is also welcome
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience with Google technologies a plus (protobuffers, Google storage solutions, Borg, Flume/MapReduce)
- Experience working with large codebases and architecting medium to large systems at a FANG company
- MEX, and experience with compiling/linking internals is a plus
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.