Workforce Solutions Leader
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo’s People team recruits and supports the world’s best talent (including, we hope, you). In this role, you will support Waymo in contingent workforce strategy, planning and managing new and existing engagements. This includes, but not limited to, managing demand building relationships with our regional suppliers, working closely with Waymo employees and the broader organization. You’ll work closely with Google’s Extended Workforce Solutions (xWS) team who manages end-to-end policy and governance of Google’s contingent workforce.
In this workforce management role you'll:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the contingent workforce strategy for Waymo and its teams. Additionally, consult and advise on contingent workforce strategy, quarterly and annual planning, global partner portfolio and global location strategy in partnership with HR/Finance business partners and Waymo business leaders.
- Work in close partnership with Extended Workforce Solutions Program Managers to ensure strong execution and understand how local laws and business conditions impact their global strategies.
- Partner with Financial Planning and Analysis, Strategic Sourcing, Real Estate and other Waymo teams to ensure a robust understanding of the Contingent Workforce ecosystem across Waymo, and utilize that understanding to most effectively share their advice with the business.
- Assist in creating business requirements (services, deliverables, KPI’s/SLA’s, etc.) and act as an advisor to ensure business deliverables are met or exceeded; Analyze overall vendor performance across all programs on regular basis to ensure objectives are met or exceeded, (e.g., actuals vs budget, attrition, etc)
- Identify opportunities for increased value for Waymo working with the contingent workforce staffing partners on process/productivity improvement and automation; Maintain an optimal and healthy pool of suppliers across categories; Manage relationship with key staffing partners and lead negotiations in partnership with Extended Workforce Solutions.
- Act as the main point of contact and liaison between Waymo managers and xWS on matters including contingent workforce staffing, vendor management, investigations (i.e., logistics between vendors and HR/Legal, not be conducting investigations), policy updates with vendors and staffing partners.
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in Vendor Management, Program Management, Strategy and Operations Management, Contingent workforce strategy and management
- At a minimum, a bachelor's degree or higher is required
- Experience implementing policy in a global operations organization.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with capability to process high amount of data to drive business strategies and decisions.
- Strong leadership, organizational, stakeholder management and oral/written communication skills - ability to thrive as part of a global team.
- Extensive experience with outsourcing/offshoring; including vendor management, vendor transitions, new site launches, Statement of Work (SOW) development, contracting, changing pricing models. Six Sigma or equivalent process design qualification.
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.