Product Manager, Simulation
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first self-driving car, with researchers, designers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From self driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this product manager role you'll:
- Develop the roadmap for the simulation as Waymo scales to multiple cities and platforms
- Build tools to better understand the massive body of simulation data and generate synthetically hard situations automatically
- Partner with software technical leads on key areas of software to accelerate targeted discovery of edge cases
- Lead the development of tools used to measure release readiness across the organization from massive amounts of data
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 1+ year of product management experience
- Strong technical background (CS Degree and 2+ years eng experience)
- Solid statistical background
- Experience with systems of massive scale/complexity
It’s preferred if you have:
- Robotics/Simulation experience a plus
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.