Software Technical Program Manager, Behavior
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first self-driving car, with researchers, designers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From self driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this role you’ll:
- Work with the onboard SW team to identify, plan and integrate their development efforts into Waymo programs
- Prioritize and manage issues, risks and dependencies and resolve misalignments with overall scope and schedule
- Synthesize and communicate status of the teams at multiple levels to highlight the team’s accomplishments, flag areas of risk and provide a call to action around important milestones
- Partner closely with the engineering managers on tools and processes to prioritize, track and streamline the team’s work and to scale a rapidly growing team in a fast-paced environment and especially taking the initiative to identify and resolve ways in which the team isn't setting itself up for success
- Represent the team and drive creation or improvements in cross-functional processes
We’d like you to have:
- BS Degree in engineering or technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant professional experience, with 5+ years successfully managing complex software development efforts, including tools & processes, breaking down and estimating work, prioritization and issue management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; experience crafting compelling messages for multiple audiences
- Proven influencing and collaboration abilities
- Ability to deliver to a high standard under pressure in a rapidly evolving environment
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.