Equity, Inclusion and Diversity Program Manager
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo’s People team recruits and accelerates the world’s best talent (including, we hope, you). Our business partners, program managers, staffers, and compensation specialists help our employees attain their full potential in a healthy, innovative, and inclusive environment. We take our role as stewards for Waymo’s culture and champions of Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity seriously.
In this program management role you'll:
- Serve as a trusted advisor; consult on the needs of the organization and design relevant solutions in the EID space; identify unique needs to effectively customize and drive impact
- Drive Waymo’s 2019 strategy for effecting lasting, meaningful, and systemic change for EID at Waymo; own the development and implementation of the project plan, comms plans, and learning path
- Partner with the People Team to build strong EID leaders for Waymo and ensure that EID is woven into everything we do
- Design and launch EID programs in-house at Waymo
- Be the POC managing the relationships between the People Team, Waymo’s ERGs, and critical EID stakeholders
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience; 5 years of professional experience in the diversity, equity, and inclusion space and/or human capital consulting
- Proven track record of execution through hands-on program management; able to drawing meaningful insights from data to create strategy, tell a narrative and operationalize solutions
- Proven ability to build relationships and inspire followership with key partners and leaders; get results through collaboration and influence
- High racial and gender consciousness with a strong knowledge of social power dynamics, systems of oppression, and ways to dismantle systemic inequities
- Skilled facilitator, able to navigate tough conversations with a senior audience; strong and empathetic communication skills
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.