Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo’s People team recruits and supports the world’s best talent (including, we hope, you). Our HR business partners, program administrators, staffers, and compensation specialists help our employees attain their full potential in a healthy, considerate and supportive environment. We take seriously our role as champions of Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity (EID) and stewards of the unique Waymo culture.
In this recruiter role you'll:
- Partner with engineering hiring teams to set hiring strategy (e.g. hiring plan, job specifications, interviewing panels, etc.) and achieve annual hiring goals
- Effectively communicate Waymo/hiring team remit and value proposition to attract and close highly sought after candidates
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of Waymo's deeply technical roles, staffing policies and workflows
- Provide an efficient yet high-touch and respectful experience for every candidate
- Mentor recruiting associates on candidate communications and pipelining strategy (i.e. prepare them to be a recruiter)
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
- A minimum of 4+ years of recruiting experience and 2+ years of in-house (corporate or start-up) technical recruiting experience required, preferable experience with hiring software and/or research engineers
- Experience closing candidates at all levels from early career to senior level candidates and negotiating complex compensation packages
- A track record of personal accountability, strong work ethic, integrity, and proven organizational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.