Product Manager, Driverless Fleet Management
Mountain View, California, United States
San Francisco, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first self-driving car, with researchers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From self driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this Product Manager role you'll:
- Build the right automated systems and tools and design processes to support Waymo driverless operations teams to effectively and safely deploy our fleet of self-driving cars
- Represent the user in ensuring we maintain a highly available supply of vehicles that is well distributed for ride hailing service
- Help the Operations organization set key metrics, and processes to keep continuously improving
- Ensure our technical operations team is able to maintain a healthy fleet
- Support our day-to-day testing operations in validating new self-driving software, maps and hardware
- Proactively analyze and identify gaps and opportunities across Waymo based on deep understanding of all aspect of the business to ensure a low-cost, highly available fleet
We'd like you to have:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, technical field or equivalent practical experience. 3+ years of experience in product management, currently a Product Manager
- Experience in operations and scaling a product from low volume testing to being deployed at scale
- Proven success in operational excellence and systems and tooling for Ops
- Hardware manufacturing experience, or having working closely with hardware engineering
- Analytics/metrics experience from a high growth company, ideally with some operational focus
- Experience in logistics, transportation or ride-sharing services
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.